Things to Do in O’Fallon, IL
Warm weather is finally here and, if you’re itching to do something more than binge watch your favorite streaming service, we have good news – there are plenty of fun things to do in O’Fallon and the surrounding villages, both inside and outside this time of year, including some favorite Caseyville restaurants and local pizza places. Read on to get the scoop on some of our favorites, and comment below to share some of yours too!
Enjoy the Great Outdoors
Getting out into nature is not only good for the body, it’s good for the soul as well. Explore our favorite options for outdoor entertainment:
- O’Fallon Family Sports Park: This 200-acre recreational complex offers softball and baseball fields, grass soccer fields, a splash pad, walking trails, and even concessions so you can grab a snack before you catch a game.
- Willoughby Farm: Located just down the road in Collinsville, Willoughby Farm is a Heritage Farm and Conservation Reserve that features vintage farm equipment, live animals, classes, and is even available for private events, so you can make a day of it with the family, or create memories for that special occasion.
- Scott Field Heritage Air Park:Scott Airforce base hosts a unique collection of vintage and decommissioned aircraft for visitors to tour. Learn the history of the airbase and get up close and personal with the mighty aircraft that have helped to provide support to America’s military for more than half a century.
- Gateway Motorsports: Just down the road past Caseyville in Madison, the Gateway Motorsports complex lets visitors enjoy NASCAR racing, vintage Indy cars, and even good old-fashioned drags along with a few thousand of their closest friends.
If a day of fun in the sun has you worn out, try one of these fun indoor activities and relax in cool, air-conditioned splendor:
- William and Florence Schmidt Art Center: Located on the campus of Southwestern Illinois College in Belleville, the Schmidt Art Center showcases the work of artists from around the region, and around the world with exhibits of “art and cultural artifacts that meet the highest contemporary aesthetic standards.”
- Wehrenberg O’Fallon 15 Cinema: Catch the latest feature films in O’Fallon’s state-of-the-art movie theater, enjoy special $3 features for the kids over summer break, and relax in a heated leather Dream lounger recliner and enjoy your flick in style.
- 1818 Chophouse: A thoroughly well-rounded steakhouse, the Chophouse makes our list of the best restaurants in O’Fallon thanks to its deliciously fresh offerings and a wide variety of foods, including steak, prime rib, and authentic street tacos, as well as a thrilling selection of live music on the terrace.
- Casino Queen: East St. Louis offers a delightfully kitschy casino and RV park that allows families a place to play together and even makes adult time easy with live entertainment, all-you-can-eat buffets, and, of course, responsible gambling.
Explore O’Fallon Today!
Whether you’re here to shop for a new or used car, or you just want to see what the city has to offer, trust Auffenberg Auto Group to help you find your way. Find fun things to do in St. Louis, like visiting the St. Louis Zoo and City Museum, and contact us if you have any questions.
Image courtesy of https://www.ofallon.org/