We’re Auffenberg Dealer Group – Metro East largest automotive retailer with 7 new car franchise stores, our own All State Insurance Agency, Auto Butler, Body Shop, Service, Parts, Color Match Shop and over 1000 vehicles in stock, both new and pre-owned. Our vision is to be your “One Stop Shop” for all things automotive. We do this by attracting great people to join our team who will delight our Customers and drive Customer loyalty.
Working as a key member of our team, the Automotive Sales Consultant is a well-informed adviser who is extremely knowledgeable on vehicle selection, performance, accessories, efficiencies, safety, features and functions associated with our new and used vehicle inventory. The Sales Consultant confidently presents new and pre-owned vehicles to our customers in an attractive and highly informative fashion that promotes a prompt sale. In addition, our Sales Consultant is expected to maintain an ongoing relationship/communication with our customers in order to encourage networking and repeat business.
The ideal Sales Consultant candidate will have a high school diploma/GED, proven sales performance record (any industry), professional appearance, outgoing personality, and a willingness to continuously prospect in order to sell a minimum quota on an ongoing basis.
The Sales Associate has the opportunity to interact with hundreds of customers to help guide them in their vehicle purchase. This could be an Internet-lead, a phone call or a customer who walks into the store. The goal is to create an exceptional vehicle-buying experience to build customer loyalty to the Auffenberg Family of Dealerships.
- Using a consultative selling process to match the best vehicle to the Customer needs
- Creating a great vehicle delivery experience for the Customer
- Following up with Customers to ensure satisfaction
- Prospecting through referrals and other creative approaches
- Setting and achieving targeted sales goals
- Gaining superior product knowledge to effectively help Customers
- Transition Customers to the Service Department to support their ownership experience
- Providing an exceptional customer experience to drive loyalty
- Follows dealership sales process and complies with all ethical standards to meet dealership sales goals.
- Maintains Customer Satisfaction scores at or above company and manufacturer standards.
- Explains features and demonstrates the operation of a vehicle in the showroom or on road.
- Suggests optional equipment for the customer to purchase.
- Addresses customer concerns.
- Engages customers after a sale for a follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- An impressive work-ethic
- Neat, clean, and professional appearance
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The education and experience requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform the primary duties and responsibilities successfully.
- Minimum of High School degree or equivalent
- Two years of college with a business-related emphasis would be desirable but not necessary
- Two years of sales experience; more than five years preferred
- Proven ability to provide an exceptional customer experience
- Ability to set and achieve targeted goals
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Organization and follow-up skills
- Experience and desire to work with technology
- Valid driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
- Professional appearance and strong communication skills
- Basic computer skills required
- Proven track record of successful selling
- Strong record of positive Customer Satisfaction results
- Submit to and successfully complete MVR, background check, and pre-employment drug test
- Salary (New Hire Pay Plan – First Six Months)
- Unlimited Income potential
- Health Insurance
- Paid Training
- Advancement Opportunities
PHYSICAL AND WORK DEMANDS
The physical demands listed below are representative of the demands of the job required to perform the primary duties and responsibilities successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable the Sales Consultant to perform the primary duties and responsibilities.
- Walking about the dealership and lots
- Bending, stretching, standing and reaching
- Using physical and manual dexterity
- Using computers to look up and enter data
- Using equipment consistent with industry standards
Interested persons should send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line “Sales Consultant.”
The ideal candidate for this position has a high energy level and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment. He or she has great communication and customer service skills, strong organizational and problem-solving skills, and a positive attitude. In addition, he or she has a valid driver’s license, an insurable driving record can drive both manual and automatic transmissions, and can safely maneuver vehicles in tight and small spaces.
- Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers at all times.
- Promoting an understanding of, and a strong commitment to client satisfaction.
- Promoting an understanding of, and a strong commitment to the Team.
- Removing floor mats, seat covers, and key tags prior to returning the vehicle to the client.
- When directed, washing the client’s vehicle using proper equipment.
- Ensuring common courtesy is shown to all clients.
- Policing the shop area and parking lot and reporting immediately any situation or condition that
may jeopardize the safety, welfare, or integrity of the dealership, its employees or clients.
- Possessing and maintaining a valid Driver’s License, immediately informing management of any
change in license status
- To provide shuttle service to customer(s) when requested
- Maintain safe, neat, and clean work areas.
- Assist in ensuring the safe and proper utilization of space as defined by Lot Plan.
- Dependability and report to work as scheduled including Saturdays if requested. Complete all tasks on schedule; accept accountability, work effectively with other employees and customers,
accept change and special tasks as required. Be willing to learn and apply information without
excessive resources or time
- Helps maintain shop cleanliness, including windows, doors, floors, etc.
- Attends all staff meetings, training’s, and educational classes as required
- Follows all safety and security procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Process New Inventory
- Detail new vehicles upon purchase to ensure they are fully detailed upon delivery to the customer.
- Proven track record of achieving or over-achieving goals
- Outstanding communication skills
- Professional appearance and work ethic
- Great attitude with a high-energy personality
- Superior customer service skills
- Valid driver’s license, CLEAN driving record and able to pass drug screen
- Reliable, able to work outdoors in extreme temperatures
- Must be 18 years or older
- Desired to be able to operate a manual shift.
- Able to safely operate motor vehicles in tight and small spaces
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Basic computer and internet skills
- Proven employment history showing excellent attendance/work ethic.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
High school education or equivalent
We offer competitive pay, health, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401(k) program, paid vacation, paid holidays, and a professional work environment.
Please email a current resume to Terry Webb at email@example.com
Journeyman Autobody Technician
Auffenberg Dealer Group is looking for a full-time, career-minded auto body technician for its auto body shop in Belleville, IL.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, customer-focused individual to help us WOW our customers! We are looking for an experienced Journeyman Autobody Technician to join our team at one of our busy locations. We offer a competitive wage plan (flat rate) and benefits package.
Autobody Technicians are an integral part of our operations. The technician is responsible for completing all body repairs as listed on the repair order with minimum supervision. Following our repair procedures and quality guidelines, the technician repairs the vehicle and readies it for the refinishing process.
- Journeyman certification
- Valid driver’s license
- High standards of quality
- The ability to work with others
- I-CAR certification preferred
- Required experience
- Journeyman Certification: 1 year
Resumes can be emailed to Ken Lohse at firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Development Agent
Take your career further by joining the Auffenberg Dealer Group team! With full time pay for part-time hours, you can apply to be a Business Development Representative for our automotive team! If you are experienced in giving exceptional customer service, have excellent communication skills and want to build a career as a customer service representative, we look forward to talking with you.
- Computer literate
- Basic phone skills/etiquette
- Customer service skills
- Prior sales experience
- Flexible schedule
High School Diploma or GED
Base pay + Bonus
Send resume to email@example.com
Chelsea Johnson or Kelli Wille
Automotive Sales Consultant
Call Beth Schumacher at 618-589-9510 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Automotive Sales Associate
Auffenberg Dealer Group is a leader in the automotive retail market and we are looking to add qualified professionals to our team. Auffenberg is a company that offers a team environment, great benefits and ongoing training and support for its employees.
If you’ve got the horsepower to join a fast paced environment and hit our high standards – apply now!
As an Automotive Sales Associate, you will be responsible for selling both new and pre-owned vehicles. Your goal will be to positively impact gross profit, volume, and customer satisfaction standards while conducting business in an ethical and professional manner.
- High school diploma or GED; associate’s or bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Valid driver’s license with less than 2 moving violations
- Minimum 2 years of sales experience; consumer to consumer experience, preferred
- Experience in a commission- or bonus-based environment, preferred
- Strong negotiation, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Proven closing and follow-through skills
- Basic MS Office knowledge; computer software, internet proficiency
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability available
- 401(k) with company match
- Job Training Programs